Patient and Visitor Guide
Patient and Visitor Guide
What is personal data and why do we collect it?
Prior to, and while providing our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain PersonalData and Sensitive Health Information.These PersonalData may include, but are not limited to, information which may be used for identification purposes (e.g., names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers, other personal circumstances, contact information, your educational and medical background), for diagnosis or treatment of your health condition, for quality improvement and coordination of care, training, research, billing and receipt of payment for services rendered. We may also use your Personal Data to contact you for updates, information campaigns, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be related to the services we provide.
Any processing, sharing or disclosure of your personal data or health information except those provided by law requires your consent or written authorization. You may withdraw your consent (subject to applicable Philippine Privacy Laws)any time by informing us in writing.
When we collect Personal Data, we will, to the extent possible, explain to you why we are collecting such information and how we plan to use it.
How we collect personal data
Your Personal Data may be obtained in various ways such as interviewsfor application and health assessment, correspondence, by telephone and facsimile, by email, via our website cardinalsantos.com.ph and from third parties.
However, most of the personal data we obtain are those that you have given to us yourself. You provide us personal data when you:
• Avail of, or apply for, our services by filling out application forms or other information forms through any of our available channels (e.g., online, upon admission, or through our medical personnel and representatives);
• Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint, or request for service;
• Take part in our research and surveys
• When you apply for job with us.
The hospital is also equipped with CCTV cameras to ensure safety and security of patients, as well as the workforce.
When do we disclose your personal data
Your Personal Data may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Consented disclosure to third parties; and
• Asmay be required or authorized by law.
In such cases, we ensure that your Personal Data or Health Information is disclosed with strict adherence to the principles of data privacy and confidentiality.
How We Secure and Protect Your Personal Data
CSMC warrants that appropriate technical, organizational and physical security measures are in place for the protection of your Personal Data or Health Information against unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Data Retention Policy
When your Personal Data or Health information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy, permanently de-identify or anonymize it. However, most of the Personal Data or Health Informationwill be stored in files which we will keep for a minimum of fifteen (15) years.
How to Access Your Personal Data
You may access your PersonalDataor Health Information to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions as provided by law. If you wish to do so, please inform us in writing.
Wewill not charge any fee for your access request, but we may charge a reasonable administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Data.
In order to protect your Personal Data, we may require some form of identification from you before releasing the requested information.
What you can do
Know Your Rights
· You have the right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed.
· You have a right to access or obtain from an organization a copy of any information relating to you that they have on their computer database and/or manual filing system. It should be provided in an easy-to-access format, accompanied with a full explanation executed in plain language
· You have the right to object to the collection and processing of personal information that was unlawfully obtained without your consent.
· You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data under circumstances provided by law
· You may claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data.
· You have a right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission f you feel that your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated.
· You have the right to dispute and have corrected any inaccuracy or error in the data a personal information controller (PIC) hold about you
· You have the right to data portability which allows you to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your data in a secure manner, for further use
Address:Cardinal Santos Medical Center
No. 10 Wilson St. Greenhills West, San Juan City, 1502 Manila
Telephone: 727-0001 Local 3020
From time to time, we may change or update our privacy statement, policies, and practices to comply with government and regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies and protocols, to align with industry practices, or for other legitimate purposes.